Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Not Sure What I Was Thinking

Every year I make a resolution to start journaling.  I always do.  Start, that is.  Then I peter out when life gets inevitably more hectic.  I'm not sure why I thought blogging would be so much different.  But alas, here I am after 6 weeks of not blogging.  I should vow it will never happen again, but lets be honest here, friends...it will.  So enjoy this while you can.

So fall is in full swing here.  Real fall.  Not SoCal fall, where the leaves just give up the will to live in the unatural heat, turn brown and fall off the trees.  The streets here are on fire in reds and yellows and oranges. (Santa Clarita friends:  my street is not actually on fire.  I know that out there that statement might ring too true.)  The weather is gorgeous, jackets and sweaters have been donned and kids are downing hot chocolate by the vat.  I forgot how much I love Autumn.  We are starting to see peeks of the coming months, with frost covered lawns and nights that dip into the twenties.  We turned the heat on a couple weeks ago, but really only use it in the mornings.  I'm not sure how long this will last, but while it does I am enjoying it.

So to cover a couple of the events over the last few weeks:

The Cooper family 5K.  So members of my family decided that they wanted to run a 5K.  Some members.  Not me.  I only run when I'm am being chased by a murderer or a bear.  And then I'm just as likely to lay in the ground and play dead as I am to actually run.  I have prayed for a love of running, I really have, but to no avail.  So anyway, they all wanted to run a 5K and I guess there wasn't one happening at a time that everyone could make it, so we made are own.  I thought we should make t-shirts, but no one jumped on te idea of crafting and running, so it was a no go.  I was the water girl and I have to say a pretty fine one.  I also sang the Chariots of Fire theme song as they ran past.  I think it really helped.  Isaac had a football game that morning  so he and Ben headed there for warm ups while Evie, Cooper and I stayed behind. Cooper actually ran the thing. He came in third, right behind my brother, who is training for the FBI and my baby sister, who is training to get herself a man! (sorry Joy!) Evie ran half of it, keeping up with my sister, and when you consider how short her little legs are, I consider that the whole thing. I was really proud of Cooper and he was super proud of himself. Up to that point he'd never run more than a mile at a time. I guess football conditioning is paying off

Speaking of football.  It is over. 

On the second weekend of November, we had our firstever sisters weekend.  The original plan was for everyone to come out to California and spend the weekend.  Well, I kind of messed up the plan when I moved.  So then the plan was Vegas, which I vetoed because Vegas is a cess pool.  (Sorry people who love Vegas, but it is).  Anyway somehow we went from weekend in SoCal to weekend at my house in Ammon.  We live the high life, I tell ya.  It was still really fun.  Everyone was there except for one sis-in-law (missed you Tamra) and we ate good food, saw a movie, made hair bows, ate more good food did some other stuff and just enjoyed each other's company.  These are the times when I quit feeling sorry for myself and actually enjoy living here.  I never would have been able to do this last year, especially in the middle of October.  I have great sisters and it was nice to have that reminder.

So let's see what else...honestly, not anything exciting.  The last few weeks have been a crazy mixture of football (5 days a week), school carnivals, scouts, homework, church and family.  The days last forever but the weeks, and as far as October goes, months, fly by.  We are alive, thriving and trying to find our place here.  It works better some days then others, but today we are happy.

Stay tuned for the Halloween week that never seemed to end.

2 comments:

  1. Your sister's weekend sounds incredible - so cool! And can I just say, I too pray for the love of running; HELLO, that prayer has not been answered!! Ok, maybe I'm just looking for a miracle on that one. Glad you're back, keep it up. I so envy your Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Aimee...You really NEED to post more often. You had me cracking up through out! thanks! Glad to hear all is well. i SOO miss the fall in Idaho...its my favorite time of year there. And btw- Ashlynn told everyone in her sunday school class tht Evie is coming back (I told her in a year, she took it as SOON)...so you better get here...dont' make a liar out of my kid ;)

    ReplyDelete