Thursday, July 22, 2010

Splash Park

About 1/2 hour north of us is Rexburg, the home of BYU-I, the only place on earth more conservative than BYU. The upside of that is the whole community is bursting with wholesome family fun. They have a place up there called the Splash Park. It's a park playground type place with water but no pool, and the best part is it's free. My sister Holli,her kids, Isaac, Evie and myself (Cooper is apparently too old for this kind of stuff) drove up for the afternoon and we were joined later by my brother Joe and his wife Necia and their two kids. My baby sister Joy, who goes to school up there, stopped by for a little while but she was packing her apartment to move home for the summer and couldn't stay for the day, but she did bring me a 44 oz diet Dr Pepper to soften that blow. The kids had a blast, running around free, and typical of my son, he had two new "best" friends after about 20 min. We've hit this park before, but Evie was always too timid to do anything but splash her feet in the puddles, but this year she kept up with the best of them and was crushed when it was time to go. Thank you Santa Clarita pool swimming lessons for curing my daughter's water phobia!

After awhile, the little girls got cold and wanted to take a break. Evie noticed some college girls there at the park "laying out" (seriously? Do people still "lay out"? Do they not teach about skin cancer at BYU-I?)and decided if that what big girls do then she was all for it. So she corralled her other two little girl cousins and pulled the towels into the sun and did their best to get their sun on. We didn't bother telling them they were all wearing SPF 45. On a side note...what the heck are college girls doing tanning at a splash park for little kids? Is that not just a little bit creepy? Maybe this was part of the skin cancer lecture they obviously missed.





And now for all my big city friends, I present to you the Rexburg crime fighters...



Heehee.

2 comments:

  1. awesome crime fighters! Bet they're tough! I think my sister goes to that splash park with her little baby... no laying out for her! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH Aimee!!! You are bringing back tons of memories for me! haha Good old splash park! I think I will live vicariously through you and get my "Idaho fix" from your blog without having to ACTUALLY live there..hehe. Oh and Ashlynn is missin Evie like crazy...you can bet your bottom dollar that if Ashlynn had been at Splash Park with Evie she would have been "laying out" right next to her...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete