Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Love Letter 15 Years in the Making

Dear Ben,

I love that you tell me I'm pretty even when I look gross.  I thought that should be number one.

I love that you fill up my water bottle and put it in the fridge so it's cold when I go to the gym and that you know to fill it with the fridge water and not the filtered water that tastes like nothing.

I love that you have taught yourself how to do Ev's hair so that I can sleep in every once in a while.  those first few were a little embarrassing but she's young and she won't remember.

I love the fact that you knew this morning that the red bow was the wrong kind of red and didn't match the red shirt Ev was wearing.  My dad would NEVER have known something like that.

I love that you talked to the boys about the birds and the bees because the thought of me having to do it made me squeamish.

I love how you know my order at Subway.

I love that you yell louder than any other parent at our kids games.

I love that you get up at 5 am to go to the gym so that you and Cooper can go together.

I love that you can flip an egg without a spatula.

I love that flex when I grab your arm.

I love that you love my family.

I love that that one time I said I think my sister should come live with us for a few months so she could attend a class in California, you said "okay" and not "WHAT?!?"

I love that you still call your mom to tell her you got in safe when you have been traveling.

I love that when I tell you I need a day with my sisters, you say, "What should I make them for dinner?" not "When are you going to be home?"

I love that you are loyal.

I love how you call to tell me you miss me even when you've only been gone a couple hours.

I love how you learned all the weird rules for rugby, just because your son loves to play.

I love how you get upset with the kids when they get sassy with me, because "No one talks to your wife like that."

I love that you hold my hand when we walk, even at the grocery store.

I love that you told me you loved me and wanted to be my husband fifteen years ago and you still mean it today.

I love that I get to spend the next fifteen years with you, and the next, and the next and that you loved me enough to make it forever.

I love you.  Forever.  I can't wait to see what the next fifteen brings.

Aimee

3 comments:

  1. okayyyy that is really cute. I agree, he is a pretty awesome guy. Thanks for marrying him. You did us all a favor :) I love you both! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sharing this. this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete